The Best golf bag for travel are you looking for?
If yes, then you are in the right place. Because we will help you to select the best golf bags for travel.
In the market different brands, models and types of golf bags are available but find out the best golf bag for travel is really difficult. For this reason, we conducted comprehensive research on the best golf bag for travel.
Do not be panic!!!
We will solve your problem right now. Because our research and review team provide you the best travel golf bags. We’re bringing you the list of 10 best golf bags which is 100% travel-friendly.
- Golf Travel Bags
- Our Test Winner
- Our Top 5 Golf Bags for Travel
- Reviews of Our 10 Best Golf Bag For Travel
- 1. SKB Deluxe ATA Golf Travel Case
- 2. Sun Mountain Club Glider Meridian
- 3. Caddy Daddy Golf Constrictor II Bag Cover
- 4. Izzo Golf Padded Club Cover
- 5. Caddy Daddy CDX-10 Golf Bag Cover
- 6. Samsonite Hard-Sided Golf Bag Cover Case
- 7. Caddy Daddy Phoenix Golf Travel Bag
- 8. Caravan 3.0 Golf Travel Bag
- 9. Athletico Padded Golf Bag Cover
- 10. Himal Soft-Sided Golf Club Cover Bag
- Let’s Watch a Video Review
- FAQ of Best Golf Travel Bag
- Q: Who needs a golf travel bag?
- Q: How much should I spend on my favorite golf travel bag?
- Q: How to choose the best golf travel bags?
- Q: What to look for when buying a golf travel bag?
- Q: What’s the difference between a Cheap or Premium Travel Bag for golfing?
- Q: What’s the average price of a good quality golf bag for travel?
- Q: What are the best ways to pack your clubs in travel bag?
- Q: How can I make sure that the golf bag I buy will be durable and will have sufficient padding for my clubs?
- Q: How many and how big are the pockets for my travel bag?
- Q: Are travel bags water-resistant?
- Q: Hard case or soft golf travel bag?
- Q: What’s a recommended bag weight?
Golf Travel Bags
Golf Travel bags are one of the key aspects of golf. The more you want to play golf, you need golf clubs and if you travel with golf clubs you basically need travel bags for the safeness of the golf clubs. Golf travel bags undoubtedly protect golf clubs.
Most of the golfer wants a golf bag that is elegant, lightweight, long-lasting and comfortable. They must have to choose the best-featured travel bags considering the price.
The most essential object is the travel-friendly golf bags with lots of space for golf clubs, golf balls, gloves, rain gear, umbrella, tape, coins, food, drinks, valuables, and many more.
Electing the best golf bags is time consuming and stressful work. You have to test the travel bags before buying and without risking your money.
Golf Travel Bag Buying Guide
Best travel bags have some key features from which most of the golf lovers can choose while traveling.
Golf stuff is much expensive and golfers are not able to consume the golf stuff frequently. Golf clubs can be damaged easily. Golfers are always attentive to the golf clubs that the golf clubs are not be broken or harmed at any cause.
Travel bags can keep golf clubs safe and protected. The high-quality material travel bag provides safety and security to the club. Travel bags have to thick and strong. The travel bags also have to hefty and tight enough to fit the clubs inside. Travel bags with heavy padding on the top can protect the club heads from damage.
Golfers often travel with golf clubs by plane and by road. So Golfers have to select travel bags that are super protective for the golf clubs.
Travel bags should have to provide durability, strength and long-lasting values. The materials used in travel bags makes them durable. Materials can be hard and soft. Different materials work differently.
Travel bags made of Nylon and Polyester are durable and long-lasting. The sides of travel bags also have to thick and strong. Water-resistant and dirt resistant travel bags are more durable.
Golfers have to choose travel bags with no wear and tear materials and should last for some other trips because high-quality material makes travel bag durable and easy to clean.
Wheels and Handles
Travel bags are heavily loading with golf equipment, Golfers first choice are travel bags with wheels. Wheels are the most important part when golfers are traveling with a golf travel bag. Wheels can make the travel bag easy to carry, push and pull.
Golfers cannot travel with golf bags on their shoulders because they have to go to different places with golf bags and it is tough for them to carry the bag. Wheels provide comfort to golfers. Wheels should have made of high-quality material so that it will not damage the trips.
Handles are also an important part of travel bags. bags handles have to bear the weight of travel bags. Golf bags handles should have to be durable and flexible grip to pull up. Golfers have to choose travel bags with one or more handles. Golfers sometimes have to carry golf bags on hand and high-quality handles are suitable for carrying.
Weight is essential because travel bags have to carry friendly. Most of the golfers select lightweight bags that are easy to carry. The airlines limit the weight of travel bags 50lbs to 70 lbs.
The heavyweight travel bags are more costly for golfers while traveling through planes. Weighty travel bags are uncomfortable for carrying.
Golf travel bag storage contains the quantity of space for golf clubs, shoes, towels, and other stuff. Many golf travel bags come with plenty of exterior and interior pockets like shoe pockets, towel pockets, key pockets and so on.
Pockets are the essential portion of golf travel bags. Different travel bags provide different numbers of pockets like one, two or many. Travel bags with more space contains enough storage for cloths to protect the clubheads.
Pockets make the bags stylish. More space means no carry of extra luggage. Most of the golf bags size range from 50-55 inches to protect 45 inches long golf clubs effortlessly.
Golfers always travel with lots of clothes and golf accessories. They have to select the best travel bags with lots of storage space to avoid the problems when packing for long-distance games to play.
Hard cover or soft cover
Hard-cover golf travel bags are more durable, high quality and lifelong travel bags for golfers. Hard-cover travel bags provide extreme protection to the costly golf stuff like clubs, balls, and others.
The high-quality material used in the hard-cover bags makes it highly sturdy. The travel bags are heavy. Hard-cover travel bags are much expensive as they use high-quality fabric. The travel bags are not suitable for carrying so wheels are more comfortable and easy rolling.
Hard-cover travel bags are suitable for professional golfers who travel frequently by plane. The airlines have some limit for weights to carry travel bags with stuff inside. So golfers have to select hard-cover golf travel bags wisely.
Soft-cover golf travel bags are simple, stylish and lightweight bags. The bags are heavily padded on the top to protect the clubheads. Most of the soft travel bags are made of nylon and polyester which makes it durable and tear-resistant.
The lightweight bags are easily fitted anywhere the golfers want. The bags are usually cheap but not for lifelong. Many of the soft-cover bags have no wheels for rolling. The travel bags come with plenty of pockets and the handles are strong.
Soft-cover golf travel bags are appropriate for the golfers who play the game often and travel occasionally by plane. The bags can fit anywhere like the car trunk. Golfers should choose soft cover golf travel bags with high-quality fabric, thick padding and maximum protection to the golf gadgets.
Golf travel bags are costly and should have last for a longer period of time. Good quality, durable and long-lasting golf travel bags surely come with a warranty. Travel bags with a warranty means the strongest bags and will not damage easily. Some golf travel bags come with a few year’s warranties and some are giving a lifetime warranty.
Golfers should have to elect golf travel bags with a lifetime warranty that provides high quality but expensive bags. Low priced golf travel bags have no warranty and they can damage easily.
Golf accessories like clubs, golf balls, and other stuff are much expensive so they need protection. Golf travel bags provide protection through locks. The most common locks for golf travel bags are the zipper locks. But zipper locks are not secured enough for the expensive golf gadgets.
Padlocks using in golf travel bags provide more security than others and keep the pieces of stuff safe inside. Padlocks are more durable and strong than zipper locks.
Price is one of the most common aspects of golf travel bags. High quality, strong and lifelong golf travel bags are usually high priced. Softcover bags are less costly than hardcover bags.
Golfers cannot switch golf travel bags frequently so they should have to select the best golf travel bag with a good budget. Golfers also have to be sure that they consume a high-quality travel bag with price.
Quality and Padding
Quality depends on which types of material are used to make travel bags. Perfect material provides lifelong and durable travel bags. High-quality material also means high priced travel bags. Nylon and polyester are the best materials for golf travel bags and protect the bags from wear and tear.
Most of the golf travel bags provide extra padding to protect clubs and other kinds of stuff. Heavily padding on the top secure the club heads from damage while traveling through plane or car. Golf travel bags should use high-quality fabric for padding to provide safety to clubs and other gadgets. Shoulder padding provides comfortable carrying golf travel bags.
Travel bags with TSA approved locks are the best for selecting a golf travel bag. TSA locks can protect the inside golf accessories from damage when golfers travel on planes. The golf staff is fitting in the travel bags with safety and security.
Our Test Winner
SKB 2SKB-4814W Deluxe ATA Golf Case
Why it is best?
- The SKB ATA deluxe golf travel case is made of military-grade polyethylene with high-grade molecular weight which makes the case the strongest,
- The highest quality and no chance of damage to the clubs and gears. It is the best-reviewed travel bag.
- The three TSA lock system with one key makes the travel case unique.
- The SKB ATA deluxe golf travel case is definitely the best choice for professional golfers.
Our Top 5 Golf Bags for Travel
|1||SKB 2SKB-4814W Deluxe ATA Golf Travel Case||98||Check on Amazon|
|2||Sun Mountain Club Glider Meridian||96||Check on Amazon|
|3||Caddy Daddy Golf Constrictor 2 Travel Cover||95||Check on Amazon|
|4||Izzo Golf Padded Golf Travel Cover||94||Check on Amazon|
|5||Caddy Daddy Golf CDX-10 Golf Bag Travel Cover||93||Check on Amazon|
Reviews of Our 10 Best Golf Bag For Travel
In recent days there are so many choices of travel bags. We can suggest you the list of 10 best travel bags from which you can protect your valuable clubs and safely reach your destination. You can easily select any of them from our travel golf bag reviews.
1. SKB Deluxe ATA Golf Travel Case
- SKB Deluxe is made of molded polyethylene.
- The form-fitting design is stylish and makes it popular among golfers storing a vast amount of drivers.
- It can secure and save the travel through TSA locked process.
- Extremely strong and represents the latest quality and innovation.
- Interior Dimensions are 49-inch x 16 inch
- The three locks work swiftly
The SKB ATA Deluxe travel case is the best protective hard case manufactured by the USA. The travel bag provides the best quality. The ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene construction makes the travel bag innovative. The material also helps with securing the golf clubs. the best hard-sided golf travel bag in current market.
Molded polyethylene making it dirt and moisture resistant but very strong. Golfers who frequently take their game on the road the deluxe golf travel bag is perfect for them.
The SKB deluxe case is up to 18lbs which is not easy to carry.
The innovative fitting design makes the travel case the most popular golf bags including bags that store drivers up to 48 inches in length. The bag includes three locks that open with one key.
The SKB deluxe travel bag provides a TSA lock system that can secure all the storing drivers. The hard outfit makes the skate wheeling system very easy. This is the best golf travel bag hard case in the market.
- High-quality material
- Million Mile Guaranty and lifetime warranty
- A tight, secure fit to prevent dirt, dust, and moisture
- Extremely strong case
- Provides TSA locking system
- Fits all accessories
- One of the best professional travel bag
- No damage will appear for storing things.
- Wheeling system is comfortable
- Quite heavy
- Expensive to consume
Latest Price Check on Amazon
If you want to know more detail about Our 1st Test Winner (SKB 2SKB-4814W Deluxe ATA Golf Travel Case). You just click here SKB 2SKB-4814W Deluxe ATA Golf Travel Case Review
2. Sun Mountain Club Glider Meridian
- Sun Mountain golf travel bag has standard inline skate two sets of wheels so that the bag can position by itself.
- It has two interior access pockets.
- The travel bag is extremely durable for using 1200D Polyester.
- Long-lasting two-way zippers easily load the full-length of the bag
- The bag keeps the extended leg mechanism.
- The interior dimensions are 52″ x 15″ x 12″
- The clubs and devices are secured for the internal cinch straps.
Sun Mountain Club Glider Meridian travel bag also provides high quality. The high-quality material of 1200 denier Polyester gives the bag extreme durability. Golfers can easily choose the travel bag.
The best feature of the travel bag is the best wheeling system. There are two sets of wheels with which the golfers can move it effortlessly. The extended leg mechanism is unique and retracts into a molded platter for travel. Golfers carry the bag in arms who travel with families. The weight is around 12lbs which is quite easy to carry.
The heavy-duty two-way zippers support the golfers with loading and unloading. The internal cinch straps provide the security and safety of the clubs and other accessories while traveling. Golfers can choose the color including Gray and Black. This is the best golf travel bag with wheels.
- Wheeling the bag super simply
- The four-wheel system is unique
- Excellent for travel with family
- Comfortable carrying
- The used material is durable
- Enough storage
- Color option is available
- Size is quite big
- No padding system
If you want to know more detail about Our 2nd Test Winner (Sun Mountain Club Glider Meridian Golf Travel Bag). You just click here Sun Mountain Club Glider Meridian Golf Travel Bag Review
3. Caddy Daddy Golf Constrictor II Bag Cover
- The Caddy Daddy Constrictor 2 is fabricated of durable 1800 denier nylon material which is best in class.
- The inline skate wheels are easy for rolling.
- The travel bags contain two large side pockets with lockable zippers.
- The heavy padding mostly protects the club’s heads.
- External and internal cinch straps are secured
- Dimensions: 50″ x 13″ x 15″ and weight is around 8lbs
Caddy Daddy is well known and reliable for golf travel bags and always provide high-quality bags. Golfers all times want that type of combination on golf travel bag. The fabric using of 1800D nylon material creates the bag classy and durable.
The travel bag is easier to push or pull with the inline skate wheel. There are two large size pockets with zipper lockers where golfers can store all kinds of golf staff and other accessories safely. The bag provides smooth transport with a shaped padded nylon handle.
The TSA locked system is unavailable with the travel bag. Golfers must be happy with the less weight to carry. Heavy padding and external and internal cinch straps protect the clubs. This the best golf bag travel case based on space.
- Reasonable price
- Easy folding
- High-quality material used
- Vast amount of storage
- Safe for clubs
- The zipper is big and moves easily
- No TSA lock system for safety
- Wheels can be damaged with bumps
If you want to know more detail about CaddyDaddy Golf Constrictor 2 Travel Cover. You just click here CaddyDaddy Golf Constrictor 2 Travel Cover Review
4. Izzo Golf Padded Club Cover
- Izzo Golf Padded Golf Travel Bag uses lightweight material.
- The vinyl base provides durability and protects from adding extra weight.
- The travel bag provides the best comfortable carry because the weight is 2lbs.
- The padded soft case avoids harms for the clubs.
- The padded straps provide extra comfort.
- The bag expands to 51” x 14” x 12” and collapses to 14″ x 12” x 7.5”
Izzo Golf Padded Golf Travel Bag is one of the best travel bags for money. The simplicity, durability, quality, and protection creates popularity among golfers. Golfers all-time choice is lightweight carrying bag like Izzo Golf Padded Golf Travel Bag,
The padded soft case is vinyl base which is durable and protects the clubs without occurring any damage. Golfers will not face any wear and tear while transportation. The extra padded straps provide comfort when golfers carry the bag on arms with the clubs.
The Izzo golf travel bag has enough space for storage and the competence to folds effortlessly. The bag is easy and convenient to use for the regular golfers but not for the professionals. It is water-resistant.
The best golf bag travel cover is the best choice for the golfers because of the wonderful service, affordability and easy to carry.
- Affordable and simple
- Easy to carry and transport
- Strong and durable
- Folding is easy
- Safe and secure for clubs
- Perfect size for storage
- No wheeling system
- Not air travel-friendly
5. Caddy Daddy CDX-10 Golf Bag Cover
- Caddy Daddy CDX-10 Golf Travel Bag is made of Ultra-Durable Nylon which makes the travel bag last for a longer period of time.
- The upper part of the travel bag is well heavily padded to secure the club heads from damage.
- The Internal & External Compression Straps also protect the clubs.
- The travel bag provides two large size pockets with lockable zippers.
- Internal Dimensions are 50 x 13 x 13 and the weight of the bag is 9 lbs.
- The inline skate wheels are suitable for push and pull. The Curb Rails are strong enough.
- Riveted handles are unique which makes the bag more strong and easy lifting.
Caddy Daddy always offers the best quality and lightweight travel bags. CDX-10 golf travel bag is one of the travel bags for golfers to choose from.
The 600 Denier nylon material comes with durability and a travel-friendly golf bag. The flexible straps keep the clubs safe. The soft and heavy padding on the top defends the club heads from damage.
The unique feature is the Riveted handles of the bag. Riveted handles provide suitable carrying and lifting purposes to golfers. Golfers can smoothly move the bag with the inline skate wheels.
There are two large size pockets where golfers can carry the shoes and other accessories with lockable zippers. The zippers are strong on the main opening. The TSA locking system is not available on the travel bag.
Golfers choose the CDX-10 best golf travel cover because of vast storage, large pockets, best handles, wheels, curb rails and lockable zippers available but it is cheap. This is the best golf travel bag in the market.
- Affordable pricing
- Durable, lightweight and long-lasting
- Safe and secure for clubs
- Strong handles for easy carrying
- Shoe pockets with lockable zippers are available
- Easy-rolling wheels
- Not oversize but enough storage
- 1 Year Full Bag Replacement Warranty
- No choice of color
- TSA lock not included
If you want to know more detail about CaddyDaddy Golf CDX-10 Golf Bag Travel Cover. You just click here CaddyDaddy Golf CDX-10 Golf Bag Travel Cover Review
6. Samsonite Hard-Sided Golf Bag Cover Case
- Samsonite Travel Cover Case is lightweight and durable using solid ABS Shell shields. The clubs will be safe here.
- The inner part of the travel case is covering with extra padding on top to protect club heads.
- The hardcover golf travel bags can hold 48″ long clubs with 10.5″ wide golf bag.
- The travel case is appropriate for pushed or pulled effortlessly with the help of four multi-directional spinner wheels and two inline skate wheels.
- The golf bag is secured inside the case because of the internal compression straps.
- The exterior is much safe and the two easy-grip handles are suitable for lifting.
One of the best hard case travel bags is Samsonite Golf Hard Sided Travel Cover Case. Samsonite travel case is made of Denier polyester and solid ABS shell which makes the case durable and long-lasting. Golfers no need to worry about the destroying parts because the exterior is strong enough.
The well-padded interior protects the club heads from damage and the internal compression straps secure the staff inside. The two sealed ball-bearing inline skate wheels support the easy movement of the travel case. The case has enough storage to store all golf accessories.
The handles are strong for the golfers to lift the case suitably. The interlocking zipper system can attach and separate a shoe bag. Black and titanium color is available.
The hardcover golf travel case is not just a bag for golfers, it builds confidence among them for giving no harm to the golf accessories while traveling through air. Golfers can consume the case at a cheaper rate. This is the best hard case golf travel bag based on affordability.
- Highly Durable and long-lasting
- Strongest hard case
- Secure for club heads
- Five years limited warranty
- Strong handles are easy for lifting
- Enough space
- Wheeling system is comfortable
- Additional bags can be attached
- Oversized and difficult to carry
- No locking system
If you want to know more detail about Samsonite Golf Hard Sided Travel Cover Case. You just click here Samsonite Golf Hard Sided Travel Cover Case Review
7. Caddy Daddy Phoenix Golf Travel Bag
- Caddy Daddy Phoenix Golf Travel Bag is fabricated with the best 1800D Nylon material.
- The EVA Molded foam provides extra protection and security to the club heads.
- Self-Standing Wheels lets the bag stand straight and the inline skate wheels are suitable for easy rolling and push-pull purposes.
- The travel bag comes with three large size Pockets to store necessary staff and gears. Lockable zippers are strong and durable on opening.
- External and internal cinch straps secure the clubs and the clubs stick in one place without being moving for the straps.
- Internal Dimensions are 14 x 15 x 53 inches and the weight is 12 pounds.
The Phoenix is the biggest travel bag offering from Caddy Daddy. Golfers can use the bag as staff bags, big cart bags and also as stand bags. The bag is a little bit costly but full of high features.
This travel bag contains high quality with the best 1800D Nylon material. The travel bag includes oversize interior and plenty of pockets for additional clothes, staffs, and shoes.
Caddy Daddy Phoenix Golf Travel Bag is designed with high-quality EVA mold to protect the club heads from damage. The weight of the bag is quite heavy and difficult to carry.
Golfers can effortlessly choose the Phoenix travel bag for additional padding on the top half to protect clubs, some side pockets, suitable rolling wheels, top and side handles, dual zippers to simply lock, inside and outside straps to secure the bag.
- High-quality material used
- Self-standing wheels
- Plenty of pockets
- Lockable zippers
- Comfortable carrying handles
- Folding is easy
- Enough space for storage
- Safe and secure for tall clubs
- 1 Year Replacement Warranty for the full bag
- Heavyweight travel bag
- Oversize and difficult to carry
If you want to know more detail about Caddy Daddy Golf Phoenix Golf Travel Bag. You just click here Caddy Daddy Golf Phoenix Golf Travel Bag Review
8. Caravan 3.0 Golf Travel Bag
- Caravan 3.0 golf travel bag is made of durable 600 denier polyester material.
- The travel bag provides extraordinary wheels through which the inline skate wheels can move effortlessly.
- Heavily Padded upper part and inner safety straps provide club protection.
- The golf travel bags caravan 3.0 travel bag includes two outside pockets to store lots of stuff, attractive coloring zippers and rubber handles for comfortable carrying.
- The bottom is safe for using PVC material.
- The internal dimensions are 51″x 14″x 11″ and the weight of the bag is 11 pounds.
The golf travel bags caravan 3.0 travel bag is one of the super value travel bags for money for the golfers. Golfers can properly travel with the clubs without causing any harm.
The 600D polyester material makes the travel bag durable. The thick padding on top is safe and protective for the club heads. The interior straps also protect the clubs.
Golfers can easily move the bag with the exclusive inline skate wheels. The comfortable handles and coloring zippers make the bag stylish. Golfers can attach shoe bag and store other accessories on the outside pockets.
Caravan 3.0 is truly the best golf bag for the money. The bag is not suitable for professional golfers. Golfers who travel golf trip infrequently the bag is the best golf travel bag with wheels to consume.
- High quality, stylish and durable
- Affordable price
- Protective and secure for clubs
- Plenty of pockets
- Enough storage
- Suitable handles
- Exclusive wheeling system
- 2-Years Warranty
- No lockable zipper
- Little bit weighty
9. Athletico Padded Golf Bag Cover
- Athletico golf travel bag is manufactured with high quality and durable 600D Polyester and a strong vinyl base is designed to protect the bag from scratches and tears.
- The 5mm thick padding protects golf clubs while traveling.
- The bag has padded shoulder straps and upper handle for comfortable and effortless carrying facility.
- The lockable fine quality metal zippers are safe for the inside staff of the golf bag and also for clubs.
- The internal dimensions are 53 x 12 x 14 inches which is quite acceptable for golf travel bags.
Another great quality, best featured and travel-friendly travel bag is Athletico golf travel bag. Athletico is manufactured with amazing padding to protect the equipment of the bag on traveling.
The material 600D polyester makes the bag durable and tear-resistant. The hard vinyl base protects the bag from damage and scuff when traveling through plane and on the car trunk.
The unique feature of the bag is heavily padded to protect the exclusive golf equipment. The shoulder straps and handles are also padded for flexible, long-lasting and comfortable carrying purposes.
The shoulder straps can be removed when needed and the bag has Velcro-locking handles for carrying. The bag has sufficient storage to store all basic staff and equipment while in transit.
Golfers can also fold the bag when not in use. The bottom of the bag is protected with four feet which will help on traveling.
Golfer desires complete protection, high quality and carrying comfort travel bag. Athletico provides the features and it can be a better choice for them. This will be the best travel bag for golf clubs which ensures supreme protection and also the best golf travel bag for airlines.
- Simple, durable and long-lasting
- Thick padding to protect the clubs
- Protective feet
- High-quality metal zipper
- Easy to carry over the shoulder
- Flexible and comfortable handles
- Solid size for storage
- Folding is easy
- No wheeling system
- No outside pockets
10. Himal Soft-Sided Golf Club Cover Bag
- Himal golf travel bag is designed with exceptional 600D polyester oxford to protect golf clubs in transit.
- Soft padding and flexible Velcro carrying handles provide comfort.
- The bag comes with innovative smooth zippers for hassle-free use.
- The bag contains strong and durable rubber support on the backside for more protection.
- The travel bag has excellent wheels for suitable carrying.
- The internal dimensions are 50 x 15 x 13 inches and the weight is 4.4 pounds.
A soft travel bag with a vast amount of storage and effortless carrying travel bag is a Himal golf travel bag. Golfers can suitably travel with the less weighty bag.
The travel bag is made of extraordinary 600 Denier polyester oxford which makes the bag durable and strong. The use of extreme soft padded provides more protection to the clubs from damage.
The high-quality handles are Velcro carrying which is flexible and comfortable. The bag contains enough storage to keep the clubs, keys, shoes and many more. Innovative smooth zippers make the travel bag simple for using but the bag has no locking system.
Golfers can choose a Himal travel bag because of the simplicity, durability, flexibility and other preferable features needed for a travel bag. this is the best golf travel bag for flying.
- Durable and simple
- Finest material used
- Reasonable price
- Lightweight but strong
- Innovative zipper design
- Comfortable rolling wheels
- Thick padding to protect club heads
- Flexible handles for carrying
- Enough space for storage
- Locking system not available
- No choice of color
These are our ten best golf travel bags for 2021. You can choose any of the golf bags according to your requirement and liking.
Let’s Watch a Video Review
FAQ of Best Golf Travel Bag
Q: Who needs a golf travel bag?
Answer: If you do a lot of traveling by air, car, train, or any other method and would like to golf while you are away, we highly recommend that you invest in a golf travel cover to protect your equipment.
Q: How much should I spend on my favorite golf travel bag?
Answer: As you probably know by now, golf is not a cheap sport but it’s so addicting, most golfers will do and spend whatever it takes. While I can’t determine how much you should spend on a bag, I think the price comes down to what type of travel you plan on doing.
If you’re the type of golfer who is going to travel frequently, you will want to splurge on a bag that will protect your equipment. You also want to make sure it is well underweight limits so you don’t have to constantly worry about that each time you go to the airport.
If you’re someone who is only going somewhere 1-2x per year, you can choose a more budget-friendly, soft-sided bag. While they don’t offer quite as much protection as the hard-sided bag, each one above is a quality golf travel bag. Plus, you’ll save 50-75% depending on your selection.
Q: How to choose the best golf travel bags?
Answer: Undoubtedly, there is a number of quality bags available in the market. But, you need to choose your golf bag based on your requirements.
Some need large space while some want great maneuverability. Some look for cheaper when some look for higher quality, money isn’t an issue at all. Everybody has logical reasons to choose a suitable bag among multiple options.
There are some key factors that need to be checked before buying them. These are including Price, Storage, Durability, Maneuverability
You need to consider these aspects while choosing a golf bag because these will decide the convenience of using the bag.
Q: What to look for when buying a golf travel bag?
Answer: When you are shopping for a golf travel bag to make your travels a little bit easier and safer, there are some things that you should know to help you find the one that suits you best.
Here are some factors that you should keep in mind when looking for your next golf travel bag.
Q: What’s the difference between a Cheap or Premium Travel Bag for golfing?
Answer: The biggest and most clear-cut difference is the padding on the inside. With cheaper bags, you will probably notice the lack of padding, and to be honest, if there is no padding you could might as well not use a travel case.
A more premium case will have padding all around, increased padding around the club heads, and steady material around the bottom for increased balance and for support around the wheels.
As mentioned in the previous point, cheaper bags will probably result in weaker wheels and may require you to buy a whole new bag.
Q: What’s the average price of a good quality golf bag for travel?
Answer: It varies based on quality, but you can expect to spend anywhere between $100 and $350 on a golf travel bag, depending on several factors.
Q: What are the best ways to pack your clubs in travel bag?
Answer: Regardless of the bag you pick from this list, make sure you use these tips to ensure you end up getting your clubs to the destination safely.
To protect your club heads, detach your driver and fairways woods if they are adjustable. Then, store them in the pockets of your bag itself or in a separate, checked bag to save room and reduce weight.
Use towels or bubble wrap for irons or other clubs. Even though it’s more work you can ensure they don’t get scratched up.
Double-check the weight before you go to the airport and confirm with the airlines how much weight is allowed per bag before having to pay extra.
You don’t want to put anything expensive with your clubs in case they are lost (i.e. GPS watch, expensive rangefinder, golf GPS, etc.).
Always take pictures before you go so you have documentation in case anything happens in transit.
Use a stiff arm if you are worried about using a soft-sided bag. A stiff arm is a few inches longer than your driver and will create a more sturdy outer shell.
For more travel tips and information, check out our full guide on How to Travel with Golf Clubs.
Q: How can I make sure that the golf bag I buy will be durable and will have sufficient padding for my clubs?
The best way to assure that your clubs will get maximum protection is by using a hard shell case when transporting.
As Golfweek recently wrote in an article about golf travel bags, “the best option is a “hard case” made of plastic or fiberglass. The hard case provides the highest level of protection, and many airlines require them for golf bags.” If you are locked in on a soft cover bag, make sure there is padding around the top of the bag where the club heads will rest, and make sure to wrap your clubs in dense clothing or blankets when traveling.
Q: How many and how big are the pockets for my travel bag?
Answer: On to a really good question. Pockets on your golf travel bag can make your travels so much easier. You can put luggage that may not fit into your suitcase (i.e. books, clothes, or other accessories) that is way more accessible than if you would just put them loose straight into the travel bag.
Oversized pockets for shoes, rain clothes, or golf balls are also a real gift for those long trips that require a lot of stuff or short weekends where you would rather not bring that extra suitcase.
Q: Are travel bags water-resistant?
Answer: There are not many water-resistant golf travel bags on the market. Since their primary function is to give your bag protection during travel, there won’t be too many opportunities where your golf travel bag is exposed to moisture.
Q: Hard case or soft golf travel bag?
Answer: The two main types of golf travel bags are hard cases and soft bags. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, and both are suited for different types of travel.
Soft bags are generally cheaper, have multiple pockets for extra storage, and are easier to store when not in use.
They are a great option to protect your golf clubs in the trunk of your car, or if you’re traveling by train or bus. In addition to that, they are much lighter than hard cases, which makes them easier to carry around.
For air travel, I would recommend a hard case.
It’s an item that you’re going to have to check, and you just know that it’s going to get thrown around a lot. A hard case will always protect your clubs better, leaving them without any nasty dents.
There are also hybrid bags that have a soft body but a top made from hard plastic.
These give you the best of both worlds – they are pretty lightweight, but offer the protection of a hard case.
But they also have the disadvantages of both bags – bulky to store and not protective throughout.
Q: What’s a recommended bag weight?
Answer: The first thing you need to take into account is that a standard weight of golf clubs alone is around 30 pounds. So any travel cover, whether it be a softcover or hard shell, will add substantial weight to the cumulative total.
This figure is essential to note, especially when taking your golf travel bags on an airplane as most airlines have weight limits on bags before they begin to charge fees for storage.
The PGA website encourages golfers to always check with the airlines for details. “And if you’re unsure on the cost or weight allowance, check with the airline or your travel agent.” Soft cover bags typically weigh around 8-10 pounds with hard shell cases weighing anywhere from 12-20 pounds.
We also review the best 10 golf bags in the market. Make Sure You also check our other amazing article on “Best Golf Bags For Walkers”