Are you looking for the best golf clubs for women?
If yes, then you are in a perfect place. We will give a clear idea of the best golf clubs for women.
We will solve your problem right now. Because our research and review team provides you the best golf clubs for women golfers.
We are reviews some of the amazing golf clubs for ladies. You can easily choose from.
We’re giving the actual Pros and Cons of women’s golf clubs set. So that you can pick the perfect one.
We also give a complete buying guide for best golf clubs for ladies that tell you what are the key issue need to consider when you make your purchase decisions.
We also clarify the difference between women’s golf club set and men’s golf club set which helps you to make a better purchase decision.
We’ve done all the hard work so that you can choose your golf club set easily.
In this review guide we have reviewed the best golf clubs for the female golfer at this time available on the market and clearly explained what you should look for in a women club set.
- Best Golf Club Set for Women Golfers
- Key Difference between Men Golf Club Set and Women Golf Club Set
- Share this Image On Your Site
- Golf Club Buying Guide for Women
- Our 7 Best Golf Clubs For Women
- Review of the best 7 golf clubs for women
- 1. Callaway Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Club Set (16- piece) for Women
- 2. Palm Spring Lady petite Golf Club Set for women
- 3. Taylor Made M4 Driver Golf Club Set
- 4. Callaway Strata Plus Complete Golf Club Set for women (14 pieces)
- 5. Confidence Lady Power Three Golf Club Set for Girls
- 6. Wilson Ultra Complete Package Golf Club Set for female golfers
- 7. Callaway Strata Complete Golf Club Set (11 Piece) for ladies
- Q: What’s the Difference Between Men and Women’s Golf Clubs?
- Q: Which is better for women golfer – Mid Iron or Small Iron?
- Q: What are the best golf clubs for a lady beginner?
- Q: How Long Should Golf Irons Be for Women?
- Q: Do I get headcovers with any ladies golf club set?
- Q: What are the best brands for women’s beginner golf clubs?
- Q: Do I need to buy custom-fit ladies’ golf clubs?
- Q: What’s in a Female Golf Club Set?
- Q: Why is Callaway Ladies golf club set ideal?
Best Golf Club Set for Women Golfers
As you know, golf has become a very popular game among people from teenagers to senior citizens and more people are playing the game every day. The 21st century’s women are entering all kinds of gaming zone and golf sports is one of them.
The techniques and rules for playing golf is pretty much simple. The point of the game concludes the total number of hits golfers gain and the distance in each accurate hits makes the winner.
The essential and expensive part of the game is the Golf Clubs. The major investment for women golfers is consuming golf clubs. Women golfers first have to consider the price and quality before consuming.
The golf clubs should have to be branded with specific features for women and included all the latest technologies. The size of the clubs, models, colors, grips, and shafts are the considerable features for buying women golf clubs.
Women golfers need to choose the best products with their competency. Finding out the best golf clubs needed the most is a very difficult procedure. That’s why there is some important information that might help to choose the perfect golf clubs.
Women’s golf clubs are a little bit different than men’s. There are few manufacturers who create golf clubs, especially for women.
Key Difference between Men Golf Club Set and Women Golf Club Set
Men and women golf club sets have some key difference factors. There are particular materials and technologies specially used in women’s golf club sets.
Manufacturers are designed golf club set for women based on their abilities, performance, swing speed and accuracy.
There are several specific differences in men and women’s golf club set.
Women always prefer to use lighter shaft clubs. The more preferable material used to make a lighter shaft club is Graphite. The graphite shaft is always desired by women because graphite is lighter than steel.
Women shafts are usually flexible and comfortable. Men’s clubs are made of regular steel and Women’s clubs are made of graphite or crafted lady flex steel.
There are two labels shaft flex for women clubs. Label ‘L’ shaft flex and label ‘A’ shaft flex. Label ‘L’ shaft flex is more flexible and tends to provide more swing whereas label ‘A’ is less flexible for women golfers.
Women golfers have less strength in the upper body parts so they can create lower swing speed on shots. Women golfers basically need a more flexible shaft for the clubs to flex.
The length of the clubs depends on the height of each golfer. The length of men’s clubs is taller than women’s clubs.
Naturally, women golfers practice with shorter shaft length. Women golfers who are quite tall can consume men’s taller clubs. Women golfers can consider shaft length as well as their sewing abilities.
Grip size depends on each golfer height, physique, and structure. The grip size is smaller and thinner for women golfers compared to men’s.
Women golfers have control over the swing and create accurate shots when the grip size stays fit with the clubs.
Loft angels are designed to help women golfers to produce more precise shots and bigger hits on the ball for maximum distances.
So women golfers generally use higher loft degree drivers and woods compared to men. Beginner women golfers should start golf games with a loft of 13 degrees or more.
Women golf club set always includes lighter weight clubs compared to men set. Lighter weight clubs come from lighter weight graphite shafts.
Lighter weight can help women golfers to create more accurate hits and perfect shots. The club heads are made of heavier irons for more control over the swing.
Women golfers drivers are higher lofted degrees compared to men. Women golfers can easily hit the ball off the tee with the higher lofted drivers.
The driver’s heads are also smaller and lighter for women golfers. Lighter driver produces more distance shots, high speed, and comfortable hits without using energy.
Woods are also a high degree of loft and lighter compared to men. Lighter wood can create long-distance shots.
The heads of woods clubs are heavier for the fastest shots and hit the ball off the tee.
Lighter iron clubs are naturally designed for women golfers compared to men. Lighter iron clubs can produce more accurate and distance shots. Women golfers tend to use soft flex irons in clubs. The irons are shorter than men’s. The lighter, softer and shorter irons help women golfers to create a slower swing. Maximum forgiveness on the woods and irons equals straighter shots on the course!
Let’s watch a video review of “How to choose the best golf club for women?”
We also review the best golf clubs for beginners. Make sure you also check our other amazing article on Best Set of Golf Clubs for Beginners
Golf Club Buying Guide for Women
There are different kinds of golf set in the market. Golfers have to choose the set in terms of cost, budget, quality, and design. When buying women golf clubs, golfers should buy the product they can afford for playing golf.
There are 8 key factors to choose the best women’s golf club set.
Price is the most important factor for golf games. Golf is usually an expensive game to play. The cost of the golf club set is related to playing golf. The set comes up with a different price.
A single golf club is very costly. Golf clubs are naturally designed for a longer time. Golfers have to choose the perfect set for them considering the budget. Beginner golfers cannot understand to spend a big amount of money on a single club.
Many golf club sets have attractive and innovative features at an affordable price. Women golfers have to consume golf club sets which is suitable for them with their budget.
The weight of the clubs is another key factor for playing golf. Women golfers often use lightweight clubs for a golf game to play. Golfers can make distance accurate shots with lightweight clubs.
The two main materials using to build a golf club shaft are Graphite and steel. The clubs with graphite shaft are lightweight and easy to handle. The steel shaft clubs tend to be heavyweight.
Graphite shaft mostly uses by women and beginner golfers. The steel shaft is suitable for professional women golfers who will use the weighty clubs comfortably. The graphite shaft will enable you to gain more distances.
Another essential feature for a golf game is club length. Length of the clubs measures each hit of the shots. Golfers can check their ability to swing with club length. Club length also relates to the height of each golfer.
Women golfers should choose clubs according to their height. Tall women can consume standard size golf club set. Shorter golf club set is for short women golfers. Women golfers have to check the size chart of the clubs of each set while buying a set.
The combination of height and length means the accuracy, the distances and the swing of each shot golfers can able to hit.
Women golfers want desirable results while play golf games. Lofted clubs make the game easier for them through hit the ball perfectly. They can play golf with higher or slower lofted clubs. They can comfortably hit the ball from the ground with the lofted clubs.
Women golfers easily make their required shots with higher lofted clubs. Higher lofted clubs are more suitable for women golfers to hit for more distance shots.
Slower lofted clubs are suitable for professional golfers to hit the perfect shot. Professional golfers who have multipurpose abilities and control over the hits can go for slower lofted clubs.
Grip size means how easily golfers can hold a club and make comfortable hits. So it is a common and important part of the game.
Manufacturers design the golf clubs with larger or smaller grip sizes. They can also change the grip size whatever the golfers want and it is affordable.
Larger grips are easy for holding and make distance shots. Women golfers are more comfortable with the smaller grip size.
There are lots of manufacturers with lots of innovative technologies and attractive features in the club heads. Women golfers should choose the best for them. Club heads can create massive sweet spots and large distance shots.
Perimeter weighted club heads are best for women golfers. Perimeter weighted club heads improve performance and give confidence to women golfers.
Quality of sets
Golfers always consume a complete package of golf club sets. So it is important for golfers to buy high-quality sets at their budgeted price. The set includes club head, putter, shaft and all the clubs have to be high in quality.
The material used by the manufacturer is essential for purchasing the golf club set. The cheap set gives low performance and worse quality products. Women golfers should check the club’s material before purchasing any set.
Golfers are eager to choose quality sets because it includes all the clubs and other accessories for playing golf game. The bag is a key part of any golf club set.
Club heads are safe in the bag. The bag has plenty of pockets for other things and comfortable straps for comfortable carrying purposes. Stand bag has pop-out legs to keep the bag on grass when playing. Cart bag has more storage to keep golf balls, tees, and other accessories.
Our 7 Best Golf Clubs For Women
|1||Callaway Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Club (16 pieces)||98||Check on Amazon|
|2||Palm Spring Lady petite Golf Club||97||Check on Amazon|
|3||Taylor Made M4 Driver Golf Club||95||Check on Amazon|
|4||Callaway Strata Plus Complete Golf Club (14 pieces)||94||Check on Amazon|
|5||Confidence Lady Power Three Golf Club||92||Check on Amazon|
|6||Wilson Ultra Complete Package Golf Club||91||Check on Amazon|
|7||Callaway Strata Complete Golf Club (11 Piece)||90||Check on Amazon|
Review of the best 7 golf clubs for women
Review of the best 7 golf clubs for women with high quality and superb performance.
1. Callaway Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Club Set (16- piece) for Women
- Strata Ultimate Women’s Golf club set has the most modern golf technology to provide complete performance for women.
- The golf club set is designed for maximum distance to cover from tee to green.
- The set provides full titanium drivers for a large sweet spot.
- The design of 3 fairway kinds of wood manufactures for more high flying shots.
- This set includes 6-9 irons with an additional pitching wedge and a sand wedge.
- This golf club set has 4 & 5 hybrids with four head covers and the putter is designed for more wide and exact distance for dropping putts.
- Lightweight graphite shafted clubs that help women find that sweet spot on the clubface with each swing
- The set also provides a convenient, stylish, lightweight, and comfortable stand bag.
Strata’s ultimate women’s golf club set manufactured by Callaway especially for women is one of the best golf club sets. Callaway offers high-quality equipment at a lower price which gives an ultimate performance.
The full titanium drivers provide 44 inches driver which is the largest driver for women and the large sweet spot makes the hit easy through 10.5-degree loft angels from the tee. The three fairway woods makes possible distance shot.
The long iron with a wedge designed special golf irons for women. and the hybrids are manufactured with modern technology to control the shots. The putters have a specific wide face to sink more putts.
The modern, stylish and lightweight stand bag comes up with more pockets and a tee holder. The bag has back straps that women can carry comfortably and to secure the clubs.
The women golfers are satisfied with the set and the golf club set has the most positive reviews. This is one of the best golf club set for women who start to play golf.
- Longer Titanium driver
- Ideal for women golfers whose height is 5′ 4 and below
- Right-handed women standard clubs
- Four head covers
- A solid set of woods with a low center of gravity makes for outstanding ball height on drives Cavity-backed irons are dependable, consistent, and have a solid feel
- Beginner golfer set
- High-quality technology
- Value of money
- Largest full titanium driver
- Comes with Two wedges
- Lightweight and stylish stand bag
- Stand bag with plenty of pockets
- Has a Tee holder in Stand bag
- Not suitable for tall women over 5 feet4 inch
- Loft angels are less
If you would like to dive a little deeper, check out our detailed review of the Callaway Women’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set Review. You just Click here
2. Palm Spring Lady petite Golf Club Set for women
- Palm Spring offers oversize golf club drivers which have a vast sweet spot and gives the straight shots.
- The set includes three fairway woods and two hybrids to make it hard-hitting.
- The graphite shaft gives more flexibility to women golfers.
- The golf club set is designed with six irons 5-9 with a pitching wedge for a more consistent hit.
- The putter has a unique shape of the head for more solid puts. The putter is a mallet-style putter featuring an exceptional feel and control around the greens.
- The stand bag provides luxury, enough space, plenty of pockets, comfortable carrying straps, and a rain hood.
Palm Spring comes up with good quality and modern design golf club set for women. The set is one of the best-reviewed golf club set. Palm Spring offers the set at an affordable price with high performance.
The driver is oversized and has a massive sweet spot. The driver has pure graphite shaft lady flex which allows straight shots. The woods and hybrids are also made of graphite shaft for more forgiveness.
The cavity back six irons with pitching wedge are more consistent. The graphite shaft in the irons creates more swings. The unique head shape putter gives more accurate roll and more perfect puts.
The set has an extraordinary stand bag with plenty of pockets and more storage. For the arrangement of the clubs, the bag has seven different spaces.
Women golfers are fond of the lightweight and great quality Palm Spring golf club set. based on customer review this will be the best women’s golf clubs set.
- All clubs are 1-inch shorter
- Ideal for women golfers whose height is 5′ 6 and below
- Graphite shaft using clubs
- Matching headcovers
- 6 irons in the set
- Great quality
- Affordable price
- High performance
- Lightweight set
- Larger driver
- Six irons
- Superior graphite shaft
- Luxurious stand bag
- Lack of Sand wedge
- Absence of set for left hand
3. Taylor Made M4 Driver Golf Club Set
- Taylor Made comes up with innovative Twist face technology to reduce side spin and hit the straight shot of the tee.
- The golf club set introduces a new Hammerhead slot for huge sweet spots and for the more flexible club.
- Superior Geoacoustic sole design provides a hard and explosive sound that golfers want.
- The main point of the slot increases ball speed low on the face & delivers unwanted spin for longer distance shots.
- The set has four adjustable lofts.
- The golf club set delivers flawless, accurate, more distance shots without the tee.
Taylor Made is one of the best golf club set for the two new innovations Twist new face and Hammerhead slot. The set provides amazing forgiveness and makes straight distance accurate shots.
Twist face has little bit different feature from the traditional driver design. Twist Face has an innovative face curve which can decrease side spin and provide straight shots. The face also creates a face angle on off-center hits.
The most flexible and recreated innovative sole slot is the Hammerhead slot. The external part of the slot creates a flexible and lighter face. The central part limits spin for longer distance shots and creates a more speedy shot for lower hit on the face.
This set includes 6-9 irons with an additional pitching wedge and a sand wedges.
The set includes Geocoustic Technology which has an extraordinary sole design. The sole has a shape to create solid and explosive sound from the driver. The technology also provides a more large and forgiving club-face.
Taylor Made is a high-performance golf club set for women golfer and new innovations make the set unique.
- Introducing Twist face curve driver for corrective on off-center hits
- Introducing Hammerhead slot for increasing more speed
- Geocoustic technology for a solid and explosive sound
- Four adjustable loft sleeve
- Affordable price
- Large sweet spot
- Incredible forgiveness
- Unique sound
- Introduce more spin
- New slot
- No improvement in performance
- No flexible shaft
4. Callaway Strata Plus Complete Golf Club Set for women (14 pieces)
- Strata Plus has offered a modern technology golf club set with which women can hit shots longer way perfectly.
- The high-lofted driver offers a massive sweet spot and the stainless steel fairway wood creates long shots with faster speed.
- The five hybrids are designed for flexibility to provide accurate shots.
- This set includes 6-9 irons with additional a pitching wedge and a sand wedge that offers the technology for more control over shots.
- The t-style mallet putter position gives a more accurate shot which is more important for women golfers.
- The set has eye-catching, lightweight, strong and easy carrying stand bags.
One of the top reviewed and one of the best golf club set for women is Callaway Strata Plus. The set has modern technology-based golf equipment. The clubs are comfortable to hit, very forgiving and accurate.
The driver with large clubheads creates a massive sweet spot. Graphite shaft makes the club lightweight and distance shots off the tee. The fairway wood’s stainless steel club-head delivers faster swing and long-distance shots.
The hybrids provide adaptability for the accurate hit. The perimeter weighted and latest sole width technology improves the irons more control over the destination shots.
The fairway wood promotes faster swing speeds and long shots Irons: The 6 9 irons have perimeter weighting and progressive sole width technology for improved control Putter: Mallet putter with alignment to help give you incredible accuracy The Callaway Strata Plus set is fantastic for beginners to intermediate players
The set has three head-covers. The t-style mallet putter gives the accurate puts. A lightweight, attractive, and carrying comfortable set is including in the set. This Callaway Women’s Strata Complete Golf Set is the top-rated golf club
- Ideal for women golfers whose height is 5′ 2 to 5′ 8
- Shafts are made of Graphite
- Right-handed women standard clubs
- Beginner and intermediary golfers set
- Affordable price
- Offer longer Sweet spot
- Long driver
- Easier to swing
- Three head covers
- Five hybrids available
- Eye-catching golf set
- Lightweight, stylish and comfortable stand bag
- No space for left-hand golfers
- Not suitable for experienced golfers
5. Confidence Lady Power Three Golf Club Set for Girls
- Confidence Golf Club set offers innovative and latest design golf gear to make the sport easier for women.
- The oversized hybrid gives a massive sweet spot and provides more performance.
- All Golf clubs in the set have more flexible steel shafts for women and 6-9 cavity back irons with pitching wedge make more forgiveness.
- The lightweight and short irons are perfect to adopt the slow swing speed
- The semi-mallet putter with a steel shaft gives the perfect shot.
- The stand bag includes auto-pop legs, plenty of external storage, weather grips, and rain cover.
Another golf club set perfect for women is the Confidence Lady Power golf club set. The set has innovative and modern design golf stuff. Confidence Lady Power is a good budgeted golf club set.
Women golfers improve performance and build confidence with long-distances hit. The alloy driver gives more forgiveness. A headcover with the driver includes protecting the clubheads.
The wood is much bigger than the standard size for longer sweet spots. The hybrid can hit 24 degrees comfortably and can be replaced by long irons which give less forgiveness.
Lady flex steel shaft ensures more control over the hit and makes all the clubs lightweight. The cavity back irons with pitching wedge minimize miss-hits and give more accurate shots.
The semi-mallet putter creates short puts off the green. The set includes a stand bag with all-season grips, auto-pop legs, sufficient outside storage, and a rain cover. These will be the best women’s golf clubs for advanced players. For the beginning or intermediate golfer looking for an upgrade to their club set, the Confidence Golf Club set offers a complete package.
- Oversized metal wood
- Easy to hit 24-degree hybrid
- Lady flex steel shafts on all clubs
- Beginner golfer set
- Right-handed women standard clubs
- Innovative and high-quality golf equipment
- Modern design golf clubs
- Easy to handle and lightweight clubs
- Oversized wood for bigger sweet spot
- Cavity back irons
- Adaptable hybrid
- Flex steel shaft
- Stand bag with auto-pops legs and all-weather grips
- Not for professional golfers
- No space for left-hand golfers
6. Wilson Ultra Complete Package Golf Club Set for female golfers
- Wilson Ultra golf club set comes up with ten golf clubs which has standard length and perfect for women golfers
- The driver and wood are made of graphite and all clubs are made of a steel shaft.
- The set includes four hybrid and 6 through 9 irons with a pitching wedge.
- The mallet putter provides more accurate puts.
- The driver, fairway wood and hybrid have the matching headcovers.
- A lightweight cart bag also includes in the set.
Wilson is a well-known brand and Wilson Ultra Golf club set is the most popular golf club set among women golfers. Women golfers who want to play regularly and want to learn quickly can plan to consume the set.
This is one of the best golf club set for the price. All the clubs are lightweight, high quality and durable.
The oversized driver with graphite and steel shaft makes easy to hit the ball. The woods are also made of graphite and steel shaft to more control and faster swing.
The steel shaft is using to produce hybrids, irons, and putter. There are three matching headcovers for driver, wood, and hybrid.
The irons with a pitching wedge create more forgiveness and more control over shots. A standard, comfortable, enough storage and good looking cart bag complete in the set. This is an ideal starter set for the young woman who wants to learn the great game without spending a significant amount of money.
- Shafts are made of graphite and steel
- Beginner golfer set
- Right-handed women standard clubs
- The standard for women of the height range 5’3″ to 5’9″
- The driver has a graphite shaft which means it’s lightweight and will produce faster swing speed.
- Affordable price and good quality
- Best for beginner golfer
- All clubs are handy and standard
- Steel shaft clubs
- Three matching headcovers
- Cart bag with comfort and plenty of pockets
- Different color set
- No sand wedge included
- Not for left-handers
7. Callaway Strata Complete Golf Club Set (11 Piece) for ladies
- The 11 piece Strata Complete golf club set offers golf clubs that are made for women golfers to improve performance and to give confidence.
- The lightweight driver allows more sweet spots and more accurate hits from tee to green.
- The five fairway woods and five hybrids are designed for more forgiveness.
- There are two irons with a sand wedge made of stainless steel to control the shots.
- The set includes a mallet putter to give extraordinary perfect puts.
- The stand bag provides suitable pockets and cooler pocket, carry comfortable backpack strap system and rain hood.
Callaway Strata 11 piece golf club set is a complete package for women golfers. The set is created to build confidence and improve performance. This is one of the best-reviewed sets for women golfers.
The set includes 460cc drivers for the biggest sweet spot and gives extra forgiveness. The fairway woods and hybrids provide more control over the clubs and give very easy distance hits.
The stainless steel irons with sand wedge make more forgiveness and improve control for better shots. The t-style mallet putter is designed for creating more accuracy on every shot.
The stand bag is durable and lightweight. It also has a number of pockets and a rain hood. It has a cooler pocket and backpack strap which is very suitable for carrying purpose. This is the best golf club set for ladies beginners.
- Lightweight 460cc forged driver
- Great for beginners
- Stainless steel irons
- Shafts are lightweight
- Ideal for women height less than 5’4
- Designed for high performance
- Lightweight and large driver for bigger sweet spot
- Three head covers
- Maximum forgiveness
- Five hybrids for more control
- Steel iron shaft
- T-style putter for accuracy
- Durable and lightweight stand bag
- Lucrative color of the set
- Smaller set compared to others
- No pitching wedge
So, which golf clubs are perfect for you? Any of the seven that we have chosen would serve you well. Just to make sure, you can take the time to go through each women’s golf club review. This will also deliver you with sufficient information to compare the golf club sets for yourself before deciding on which one is the most appropriate one for your needs and serve the purpose perfectly.
Q: What’s the Difference Between Men and Women’s Golf Clubs?
Answer: There are some differences between men and women’s golf clubs that’s important to know before buying any set of golf clubs. The reason for these differences is due to how our body types differ and the mechanics behind the golf clubs. There are some variations that help us swing a little bit better than we would with men’s golf clubs.
Here’s a list of the differences:
The best golf clubs for women are made of graphite which are lighter than the steel shafts of men’s club sets.
Most women are shorter than men, so it’s best to have shorter clubs to have a great swing. This will assist you in maximizing your swing power and ball control.
Shaft Flex : It is the amount of bend in the club. It is a very important criterion to consider especially for beginner who requires more flex. Ladies shafts come with two labels. The label ‘L’ flex are the springiest and difficult to control without practice while label ‘A” are less flexible.
Owning to females having smaller hands than men, ladies golf club sets come with smaller club grips to help you have a firm and steady grip while swinging.
Ladies golf sets are lighter and have a higher loft. Lofts of 13 degrees or more is a good start. The driver heads are also smaller and lighter in ladies golf sets.
Q: Which is better for women golfer – Mid Iron or Small Iron?
Answer: Long irons are the most difficult to hit. Easier than long are mid-irons. And easier than mid are small irons. Easier for whom? Easier for women golfers with slower swing speeds. And why is that? Because an increase in the loft and a decrease in the shaft length make golf clubs easier to hit.
Q: What are the best golf clubs for a lady beginner?
Answer: What matters the most for beginners is to be able to launch the ball high and accurately. Standard golf clubs are hard to use, so ladies beginners need to look for several golf club features like:
- Forgiving clubs with a large sweet spot.
- High-lofted driver and woods for easier ball launch.
- Hybrids instead of long irons.
Q: How Long Should Golf Irons Be for Women?
Answer: The standard length of any women’s golf club is about 43 inches. This applies to average female golfers that are between 5-feet 5-inches and 5-feet 9-inches tall.
Q: Do I get headcovers with any ladies golf club set?
Answer: Yes in almost all cases, though it might be different for different brands. But the club sets we reviewed all come with headcovers
Q: What are the best brands for women’s beginner golf clubs?
Answer: There are many great brands for women’s golf clubs. However, not all manufacturers make complete golf sets. Instead, they sell drivers, woods, irons and wedges separately. We’ve done our best to hunt out the best options for beginner golfers in this review.
Q: Do I need to buy custom-fit ladies’ golf clubs?
Answer: Stock golf clubs cater well for 90% of golfers. However, if you are taller than 5’11” or shorter than 5’3″ then you may wish to look at buying custom fit women’s clubs. This is not a given. As discussed above, wrist distances to the floor is the best metric to decide the ideal golf club length.
Some clubs within this review do also offer custom-fit options. Such as petite options for golfers under 5’3″.
Q: What’s in a Female Golf Club Set?
Answer: While the female build is very different to males, so too are the golf clubs. In a women’s golf club set there would typically be:
- 3 Woods
- 7 Irons
- 2 Wedges
The 3 woods comprises of 1 driver, 3 wood club and 5 wood club. Of the 7 irons there would be a 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 club. The wedges are sand and pitching with at least 1 hybrid and a putter. If the set doesn’t include a putter be sure to read our detailed reviews comparing the top 10 best putters available for women!
The Professional Golf Association allows a player to have 14 clubs and you are free to choose which 14 you would like. The above list is 13 clubs so feel free to include an extra, alternate club.
We recommend using a hybrid club as they are more forgiving and are a bit easier to hit with.
As a rule of thumb, the lowest numbered hybrid (ie. 3 iron) allows any lady to hit the golf ball a little shorter than that of the highest numbered fairway wood. Roughly 10 or 15yards.
For this reason, women golf club sets generally comprise of more hybrids.
Q: Why is Callaway Ladies golf club set ideal?
Answer: Callaway Golf clubs are of high quality and can withstand the test of time. Looking at the price and the quality of these clubs, we think this club set is ideal for you. You just have to spend a little more to add more clubs to the set to make it complete.
We also review men’s best golf shoes. Make Sure You also check our other amazing article on 10 Best Golf Men’s Shoes for Walking
If you still haven’t fully decided on a golf club, then you should visit our Golf Club Reviews page to discover all of our reviews.