Are you looking for the best golf clubs set for beginners?
If yes, then you are in a perfect place. We will give a clear idea of the best golf club set.
We will solve your problem right now. Because our research and review team provide you the best golf Clubs Set for Beginners.
We are reviews some of the amazing golf clubs set for beginners. You can easily choose from.
We’re giving the actual Pros and Cons of women golf clubs set. So that you can pick the perfect one.
We also give a complete buying guide for best golf club sets for beginners that tell you what are the key issue need to consider when you make your purchase decisions.
We’ve done all the hard work so that you can choose your golf club set easily.
You must remember, the beginner’s golf clubs should be easy to hit, deliver loads of forgiveness, and also designed to make it effortless to get the ball in the air.
In this review guide we have reviewed the best beginner golf clubs at this time available on the market and clearly explained what you should look for in a beginner set.
- Our 3 Best Golf Clubs Set for Beginners – 2020:
- Pick Our Test Winner
- Buying Guide of Best Set of Golf Clubs for Beginners
- Detail Reviews of The Best 7 Golf Clubs Sets for Beginners
- Our 7 Best Set of Golf Clubs for Beginners
- 1. Callaway Strata Complete Golf Set – TOP PICK
- 2. Wilson Men’s Ultra Complete Golf Set
- 3. PROSiMMON Golf X9 V2 Golf Clubs Set with bag
- 4. Precise 18-Piece Golf Set: Best Beginner Golf Set
- 5. The Judge Founders Club Complete Golf Set
- 6. Confidence Golf Power V3 Clubs Set & Stand Bag
- 7. Mens Callaway Complete Golf Set
- Final Words
Our 3 Best Golf Clubs Set for Beginners – 2020:
- Callaway Strata 12-piece Golf Set – Research Team Choice and Best Overall Beginner Golf Set
- Wilson Ultra Golf Set – Best Value for Money Beginner Golf Set
- PROSiMMON Golf X9 V2 Golf Clubs Set & Bag – Most comfortable Beginner Golf Set
Let’s go and find your golf clubs Set
Are You In An Urgency?
Pick Our Test Winner
Callaway Strata 12-piece Golf Set
Why is it the BEST?
- This clubs set is lightweight and easy to carry.
- 460cc forged driver with a titanium head and a large sweet spot.
- Realistically priced for a higher quality golf club set
- The irons are prepared with stainless steel
- Mallet Putter gives incredible accuracy.
- Headcover included with wood and driver for protection.
- Along with extremely lightweight stand bag with several number of pockets to organize easily.
- The user ensures quality through its good reviews.
Buying Guide of Best Set of Golf Clubs for Beginners
Picking the best golf club set for a beginner can be a quite tricky work as it is easy to get overwhelmed by the huge number of brands with various types of golf clubs.
Most golf club sets consist of 12-14 clubs that include hybrids, a range of woods, wedges, irons, and a putter.
The best beginner golf clubs have greater club faces, which makes it easy to hit the ball and delivers more forgiveness for mishits (i.e. when one strikes the ball on the toe or heel of the club). Beginner club sets should have a decent offset and a wide sole for the irons. This makes it easier to get under the ball and send it for a higher trajectory.
In the beginner, club sets also use shafts that are a little smaller in length as this makes it easier to control the golf club. A smaller shaft length, however, does mean less distance. But as a beginner, consistency is more key to achieve the goal.
Choosing the Best Golf Clubs For Starters
A complete set of golf clubs encloses a maximum of 14 clubs, consisting of fairway woods, a driver, hybrid clubs, irons, sand wedge, wedges, and a putter. We have shared some valuable information on what to look for in each type of club set.
The driver is the longest and biggest club in a golf set. The driver has a steep face, which usually sees between 7.5 to 13 degrees, and it is only used off a tee.
Normally a driver has an extensive graphite shaft to reduce its weight as well as increase the clubhead speed.
Head sizes for drivers may vary but the largest head size is 460cc. As a beginner I always endorse you to get a driver with a loft between 10 and 12 degrees and a head size between 445 and 460 cc and also ensure a graphite shaft.
Fairway woods can variety from a 3 wood to a 7 wood or even 9 wood. The loft for a 3W is usually between 12 degrees and 17 degrees. Some club sets also contain a 5W with a loft between 18 degrees and 23 degrees.
Fairway woods can be hit off the tee and as the name suggests or fairway. Most of the fairway woods have big heads that are pretty similar to the driver, but they are thinner and boast a lower sweet spot, aiming towards the bottom of the club. Graphite shafts are also necessary for the fairway woods.
In a standard golf club set, you will get irons ranging from iron #1 to iron #9, but most club sets have irons ranging from #3 to #9. In a set #3, #4 and #5 iron are usually difficult to hit, particularly if you are a beginner. This is because the sole of these golf clubs is thinner than the advanced irons, making it difficult to get under the ball.
The golf manufacturer has solved this issue by introducing hybrids, which replace lower number irons. Irons differ in the loft from the lower irons in the late teen and higher irons which have a loft as high as 50 degrees.
Irons are designed to support you slice through thick lies because of their higher lofts and thin sole, compared to woods. Usually, irons are played off the golf ground (rough or fairway).
The best beginner’s irons have a large offset of the golf club face from the shaft. This means the clubface is set back off the shaft and supports starter golfers when they get under the ball. You must look for a dispersed weighting system and wide-ranging sole to increase the sweet spot.
Currently, it is very normal for golfers to use hybrids to replace lower irons (3-5 irons). Generally, hybrids are numbered #3 to #5. The hybrids are easier to hit when compared to the long irons as much extensive sole. Hybrids can help the golfer to get under the ball more easily. It combines the elements of irons and woods and makes the golf club convenient for you to hit easily.
The Hybrids have a shallower face that helps the golfers to get more distance. As a beginner, we recommend you take a golf club set which at least one hybrid, if not then do not worry to replace your long irons.
Let’s Watch the Video Guide!!!
Wedges are very essential golf clubs as they are normally used to finesse the ball close to the pin. Today many types of wedges available, ranging from sand wedges and standard pitching wedges, to lob wedges and gap wedges.
Normally wedges range in the loft from 50 degrees up to 60 degrees. A wedge permits the golfers to really get under the ball and launch it high. This means you can stop the ball faster on the green. You get improved your skill you will also be able to backspin the ball. As a beginner, I always recommend a golf club set that must have a pitching wedge and a sand wedge.
Putters are used on the green. Most people are known with these golf clubs from playing Putt-Putt. Putters come in many types of sizes and shapes, but the two are most common mallet putters and blades putters.
Putters have a flat face that permits you to strike the ball precisely to give it a straight roll. Its main purpose is to make the ball roll along the course into the hole. As a beginner, I recommend eyeing for a putter with alignment features that help you to line up your putts. Mallets are also very easier to learn on as there is more feel in these clubs.
Our complete and detailed reviews of 10 Best Golf Clubs Set for beginners will simply narrow down your choice to make your selection process easier, faster and more hassle-free.
Detail Reviews of The Best 7 Golf Clubs Sets for Beginners
Our 7 Best Set of Golf Clubs for Beginners
|01||Callaway Strata 12-piece Golf Set||98%||Check on Amazon|
|02||Wilson Ultra Golf Set||95%||Check on Amazon|
|03||PROSiMMON Golf X9 V2 Golf Clubs Set & Bag||93%||Check on Amazon|
|04||Precise 18-Piece Golf Set||92%||Check on Amazon|
|05||The Judge Founders Golf Club Complete Golf Set||91%||Check on Amazon|
|06||Confidence Golf Power V3 Clubs Set & Stand Bag||89%||Check on Amazon|
|07||Men’s Callaway Complete Golf Set||86%||Check on Amazon|
1. Callaway Strata Complete Golf Set – TOP PICK
Callaway is one of the leading golf club and accessory manufacturers in the world, and also a very popular brand for the golfers.
The Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Golf Set is the best club set which ideal of beginners.
It comes with a number of variations in the market, but the two most commons are the 18-piece set that includes 12 clubs, 5 headcovers, and a stand bag, etc and the 12-piece set that includes 9 clubs, 2 headcovers, and a bag.
In terms of golf clubs, the iron set is really good and easy to hit. The set starts with 6 iron and goes through to an SW and PW. Callaway has thankfully left out the lower irons (3-5) as these are normally more difficult to hit as a beginner.
In the replacement, Callaway has added two good hybrids (a good combination of wood and iron), which are really easy to hit and it is a great addition to the club set.
For distance, a lightweight 460cc forged driver available. It boasts of a titanium head that just allows more forgiveness on your long shots.
The #5 hybrid delivers the best alternate to tough long irons for playing a variety of shots. It features a rationally large head and a large sweet spot to go with it. It also has a 26-degree lofted angle and prepared with stainless steel.
For the irons, you will get the 6, 7, 8 and 9 that for the lofted angles range respectively from 28-degrees, 32-degrees, 36-degrees, and a 40-degree loft.
The overall club set offers a great combination of distance and control for the golfer which makes the game easier, more entertaining and enjoyable.
The lightweight stand bag is extremely durable and easy to use. It comes with five convenient pockets with an additional cooler pocket, a rain hood and a backpack strap system that perfect for beginners.
All in all, the Callaway Strata set is our researched recommended choice as the Number 1 Beginners Golf Club Set in the market.
- It comes with a Lightweight and easy to carry Bag
- 460cc forged driver with a titanium head and a large sweet spot.
- The irons are prepared by stainless steel
- The club set is really useful and it covers all bases, from woods and irons to hybrids, wedges, and a solid putter
- Headcover included with driver and wood for safety purpose and the woods are made from titanium
- It would’ve been cool if Callaway included their logo on the bag.
2. Wilson Men’s Ultra Complete Golf Set
If you are eyeing for the best value beginner golf clubs set that can help you improve your golf experience with satisfaction, then the Wilson Men’s Ultra Complete Package Golf Set is your best option
Wilson Men’s Ultra Golf Set
The company designed this club set to give comfort to the beginners to get more yardage on their shots. The 460cc club-head leads the charge and guaranteed to get more flight and overall distance off the tee.
There is a large sweet spot that makes it too easier to connect with the ball perfectly. Your mishits do not as bad as you think. Wilson used parameter weighting on the face of the golf clubs that gives more balance on impact.
When you get close to the hole, you can rely on the alignment putter. You know the lining up of your shots has never been easier. But there is a soft paddle grip that simply improves your aim.
The set includes 9 golf clubs that include the driver with graphite shaft, Hybrid with steel shaft, Fairway-Wood with graphite shaft, Iron 6, Iron 7, Iron 8, Iron 9, Pitching Wedge and a Heel/Toe Putter.
They come with a nice bag to carry the gear easily. It as a stand is really durable. They also included some much-needed headcovers and 7 sections dividing the top of the bag. Also, have 4 closed pockets.
This stand bag is really easy to carry around the golf course due to the weight of the bag (1.94 kg). To make it even easier, it is attached at two points along the length of the golf bag. This is the best complete set of golf clubs for beginners
- Price is too reasonable based on features and quality
- Stand Bag is really Lightweight and easy to carry.
- Available for both for right-handed and left-handed golfers
- 460cc titanium matrix driver provides supports for drive shots
- The putter is really comfortable. Due to squared-off grip and reasonable weight.
- Bags have enough pockets which help to organize and prepare better
- This design basically focuses on getting a healthier distance with every swing
- The missing sand wedge is a downside, like many beginner sets.
3. PROSiMMON Golf X9 V2 Golf Clubs Set with bag
The Prosimon X9 version 2 golf club set is designed to fulfill the demand of beginners and intermediate golfers. This set will help you to learn and improve your games out on the golf course.
The golf club set includes a 460cc driver with a graphite shaft and huge sweet spot and Titanium Matrix Driver is an oversized golf club head with a 10.5-degree loft angle that supports provide a strong shot on authority.
You also get stainless steel irons (#5, #6, #7, #8, #9) and pitching wedge that all have steel shafts. They are all cavity back irons. The cavity back iron makes it easier to perform shots than the blade would. Each of the large clubs has a headcover.
The hybrid iron 3 and hybrid irons 4 are part of the ones that have headcovers.
The golf bag is the final piece of this attractive mystery. It features an exclusive 7 way top stand and auto pop legs which allow you to take shots without worrying that the bag will collapse.
For easy carry, the golf bag has dual shoulder straps. The golf bag has plenty of storage space. The several pockets help you to store and organize your golf equipment properly.
You can choose from 3 versions of shafts, these are “graphite, a graphite/steel mix and a graphite/steel +1’’. Basically, the flexes are concerned, you can select among a regular and a stiff one.
- The club set comes with protective head covers that make the clubs more durable.
- The golf bag has a huge storage space.
- It is super easy and comfortable to carry in the course.
- The bag has an auto pop up stand.
- More distance provided by the clubhead.
- The club swinging easier due to the light graphite shaft.
- Various types of irons included
- The large sweet spot makes the golf club more forgiving.
- Not suitable for tall golfer who height over 6.3 feet.
4. Precise 18-Piece Golf Set: Best Beginner Golf Set
Precise isn’t the well-known golf equipment brand compare to others, but their complete beginner golf club sets are rather good. We tested their 18-Piece Set and was excellent and we impressed with its performance. The forgiveness from this club set is extremely good, and out of all the brands. Our team tested, and find out “Precise provided the most convincing offer that could be used by the extensive range of handicaps from beginner to intermediate.
The Golf Club Set
The club set includes the following features, a #3 fairway-wood with steel shaft, two hybrids – #3 & 4 with steel shaft, and 10.5° 460cc driver with a cool graphite shaft. All woods and hybrids come with head covers (4 in total). In terms of irons, the golf club set runs from a no. 5 iron to pitching wedge. All with steel shafts, and also have a mallet putter with a steel shaft. The golf club set comes with a nice stand bag.
The only downside, like the Callaway 12-piece, is the missing sand wedge. However, at the great price that the Precise set is offered at you can easily pick up a sand wedge separately. This is the best golf club sets for beginners to intermediate.
- Great quality clubs for a beginner which will last well into your development as a golfer.
- Most affordable. Best value for money club set that I tested.
- The club’s shafts are very lightweight which ideally made for beginners. They intensely improve the swing speed using big sweet spots.
- The shoulder straps on the golf bag a little uncomfortable.
5. The Judge Founders Club Complete Golf Set
The Founder’s Club is prepared for the Judge Series golf set which was designed to deliver the best playing experience for beginners and casual golfers.
It is the best full set of golf clubs for beginners that includes 10 technology-packed clubs which will help the golfers to take better shots and improve their performance to the next level. The golf bag features seven (7) pockets plus a valuables pocket and a six-way partition.
Matching hardcovers for protection
There are three (3) matching hardcovers to protect the valuable golf driver, woods fairway, and hybrid however traveling on and off the golf course.
The Judge Founders Club Complete Golf Set offers a great combination of distance, forgiveness, and control. The driver can have an observably improved performance right out of the box with more confidence.
The golf club set has a 10.5-degree driver which is Titanium composite 460cc forged driver and lightweight graphite shaft. The club has the capability to get a perfect distance right off the tee.
Fairway Wood #3 also has a lightweight graphite shaft that can be used from the tee or on the fairway. The fairway wood delivers exceptional carry and great distance.
Hybrid #4 also comes with a lightweight graphite shaft. It is a great option for difficult long irons. It is well-known for permitting a variation of shots that would have otherwise been difficult.
The Cavity Back Iron has used wide sole technology that creates it user-friendly and supports the golfers to get the ball airborne quickly. It provides longer and straighter shots.
The complete golf club set includes #6, #7, #8, #9, PW and SW with graphite flex shafts, a stand carry bag with several useful pocket space and self-activating high quality stand along with towel loop and rain cover.
- The club set is very flexible and forgiving
- Golf clubs are well designed with good quality.
- The price of the club set is quite reasonable to compare to the quality the provided.
- Super light-weight feature of the bag which makes it easy to carry all over the golf course
- Hybrids perform really well. It covers 200+ yards are easily with a single delivery.
- This club set is not suitable for golfers whose height is less than 5.5 feet.
6. Confidence Golf Power V3 Clubs Set & Stand Bag
Confidence Gold Power V3 club set with a nice looking stand bag is designed to make golf easier and rewarding for the golfers. This is the best golf club sets for tall beginners.
The golf club set includes Titanium driver (460cc) with (loft 10-inch) for added forgiveness with a big-size wood for a large sweet spot, a useful 24-inch hybrid iron rescue golf club, #6 to #9 PW easy to hit cavity back irons which fitted with regular-flex steel shafts and all-weather grips.
The driver includes headcover to retain the golf club in good shape along with a 10-inch loft which supports the ball airborne and decreases side spin for straighter shots.
The cavity back iron set with steel shafts consist of #6 to #9 PW supports for consistency and forgiveness. The blade putter (35-inch) design supports to reduce the impact of the off-center ball strike while minimizing twisting through the stroke to hit the target.
The stand bag has a smooth auto pop-out legs with several functions of pockets including a full-length apparel pocket for all gear and dual shoulder carry strap.
- This golf club set is very affordable
- The driver has an oversized 460cc head and a large sweet spot.
- It has hybrid release wood instead of long irons.
- The putter design is semi-mallet and comfortable to use.
- A lightweight bag which is easy and comfortable to carry
- Not ideal for highly experienced golfers
7. Mens Callaway Complete Golf Set
The Men’s Callaway Complete Golf Set is the smaller version of the 18-piece golf club set that is our top pick. The 12-piece club set has all the clubs that one needs to start playing golf with basic. This is a good set of golf clubs for beginners.
It comes with one hybrid. To be honest this didn’t put me off this set at all as the 18-piece set option could be considered a little over-kill in terms of woods and hybrids. However, for me, the main shortfall of the 12-piece set is that the irons don’t come with a sand wedge (i.e. they run from 6-PW).
I think this is a significant downside to the set and the reason why I would recommend going with the 18-piece. Then again, you can always buy a sand wedge separately.
- This club set is little a bit cheaper than the 18-piece golf club set
- The golf club set covers nearly all beginner bases requirements.
- 12-piece club set is perfect for beginners.
- The most affordable set for beginners.
- A stand bag that comes with the 12-piece set. It feels better on the shoulders due to lightweight.
- The missing sand wedge is a big shortfall.
Let’s watch A Video Analysis of “What are the things need to consider for buying golf club”
Let’s Watch a Video Club Analysis of “Beginner Guide of Golf Clubs”
So, which set of golf clubs is perfect for you? Any of the Seven that we have chosen would serve you well. Just to make sure, you can take the time to go through each product’s review. This will also deliver you with sufficient information to compare the club sets for yourself before deciding on which one is the most appropriate one for your needs and serve the purpose perfectly.
Five (5) Key Points Need To Consider For Buying The Best Set of Golf Clubs for Beginners
- The clubs that are included in the set: You must make sure that you have enough golf clubs to take you through an entire golf course. At the very minimum club set, you must have a driver, a putter, and some irons.
- Pricing of the club set: The pricing is not as vital as a factor if you are pleased with the product that you have gotten. But you want to make sure that you are not paying more than something is value.
- The suitability of the golf bag that comes with club set: The storage of the golf bag is an important element of a complete golf set. You’d preferably want it to be one that has sufficient storage room for other valuable things besides the clubs.
- The durability of the club set and golf bag: Durability is also fairly important, particularly where the valuable golf clubs are concerned. You can always find a golf bag relatively inexpensively. Getting a good set of golf clubs for a reasonable price is a really tricky part of a competitive market.
- Higher-level used potentiality: The final point is also important. You will not always be a beginner next 1 year with that in mind, eying a set of clubs that you can grow your level at any time would be smart. You want is to be able at least get to intermediate level with the same golf club set. Your golf clubs should serve you well all the way.
If you remember all five (5) issues when you choose beginners golf club set no reason to select the best set of golf clubs for a beginner easily.
If you still haven’t fully decided on a golf club, then you should visit our Golf Club Reviews page to discover all of our reviews.