Do you want to know how to use a golf Rangefinder with a slope?
If Yes, then you are in the perfect place. Within a few mints, you can learn everything about the use of golf rangefinder.
Golf rangefinders can be extremely helpful, especially if you want to measure the distance in the course. The rangefinder clearly measures the distance of you and a specific target, such as the flag on the next hole, which helps in your decision making in next steps. You easily adjust your shot or club selection.
Another thing, a rangefinder supports you to calculate the distance over difficulties such as steep hills or slopes. It gives you a clear distance guideline. You will get all the benefits of rangefinder if you properly use golf rangefinder. However, not everybody knows how to use the rangefinder in the right way?
Table of Contents
- Key 7 Steps to Use Golf Rangefinder
- Final Words
Key 7 Steps to Use Golf Rangefinder
There are 7 key steps that need to follow to use the golf rangefinder. All the steps given below:
Step 1: Purchase the Right Golf Rangefinder
- First thing, you’ll want to buy the correct rangefinder based on needs and requirement, otherwise, you’ll never be able to get the benefit of a rangefinder and cannot learn how to use the rangefinder for your normal golf game.
- It’s essential to think about the distances you need to cover with on the green ground, as a device that measures too short of a distance will be useless and one that works at too much of a distance will be difficult to use.
- Ideally, your rangefinder should measure at least 400 yards from your position.
- In the ground difficulties such as steep hills or slopes are available or in the course or not. If available in that case, you need a slope rangefinder.
Make Sure you also check our other amazing article on 7 Best Golf Rangefinder In the market
Step 2: Prepare the Golf Rangefinder
- Then secondly you have to see and analyze the most important feature of rangefinder.
- Depending on the model you buy you have to check the battery is included or excluded. Battery is the most necessary accessory that powers the unit. If excluded then open the backside battery box and insert and install the battery. Then you have to give a full charge before using the device. You can also read the instructions book given with the device.
- Once the battery is installation is completed that means the rangefinder is in working condition, you can move onto step three.
- Then push the power button to open the device and then you need to give a few seconds time to prepare the scope so that it’s ready to use.
Step 3: Practice Using the Scope
- If you are first-time then you try to start practice directly on the green that helps you a lot. If it not possible then at a range so you can get an idea of how it works before using it in a game.
- Once the device has turned on, just hold it to your eye, start looking around the golf course to get a rough idea of what you can see through the lenses, and ensure that you see the clear picture in front of you.
- It is always good to find the target see in your simple eye before you look through the golf rangefinder. That way you will get a clear idea of where to look in search of a goal.
- At the same time, you must remember to check other landmarks and obstacles and then measure distance considering these things. So that you can have control of the entire field.
- Some of the expensive Rangefinder models have a scan mode that easily measure distance all around you as per requirement. It is very useful because you will be able to see the distance between the target and other obstacles on the course.
Step 4: Measuring With an Unobstructed View
- Now, you can measure or to get an idea of how well the device works and how you can test it at different distances. Depending on the measuring function you can use. Like the slope, generic yardage, angles, etc., you also able to understand how you from your target.
- You stand to closer to your ball with an open view of where you want to hit it and hold the rangefinder to your eye.
- Line the crosshairs in the lenses up with your target and then press the measuring button or wait for the audible sound or vibration to alert that the target has been acquired by device.
- You must wait a few seconds as the device calculates the distance properly, which has to appear as numbers either at the top or bottom of the scope.
Step 5: Measuring with an Obstructed View
- Again, depending on the type of golf rangefinder you’ve bought it may or may not perform well due to variation of followings range coverage, slope, scan mode, etc. For this reason when it comes to dealing with a target surrounded by obstructions such as trees.
- In maximum cases, your golf rangefinder will be able to single out exactly what it is that you’re looking for. As long as you focus on it properly by aligning the crosshairs.
- This may take a little time and patience for a new user or first-time user if you practice regularly just 15 days you can get an idea of how to accurately line up the rangefinder.
Step 6: Play a Round of Golf
- At his point, you confident enough about the using process of golf rangefinder. Because you know exactly how to use this rangefinder. Now, you can choose the right golf clubs and measure the power behind your swings with ease.
- Each time that you’re playing on a new hole, you can pull your golf rangefinder out of your pocket and try to get clear measure the distance so you can start hitting better shots than ever before.
- It’s key to play around with the other functions of your golf rangefinder to learn how useful these rangefinder can be when playing a game of golf in the course.
Step 7: Clean and Pack the Rangefinder
- Underbelly, one of the most important portions of learning how to use a golf rangefinder scope, it’s significant that you correctly clean and store your rangefinder at the end of every game. Otherwise, it will face susceptible to damage.
- You try to use the lens-cleaning cloth that came with the rangefinder or try to use a gentle cloth to clean your glasses that help you to use the device longer period of time.
- You’ also make sure that you secure the scope in a carrying case that protects it until you take it out for your next round.
Let’s Watch a complete video of “How to use a Golf Rangefinder”
Finally, we have delivered you a clear and thorough answer on how to use a golf rangefinder. The main issue is to practice out of the golf course so that you can use it without any additional problem. That only way you can reduce the possibility of losing time and reducing the focus on your game.
Of course, every rangefinder comes with the user manual, which is important to read and know prior to using. You must also check the different video reviews of the model you buy that helps you to learn quickly.
Make Sure you also check our other amazing review article on 7 Best Golf Rangefinder In the market